Wednesday, August 5, 2009

On the set again

So we thought our adventures in Lowell-Hollywood were over, but apparently, there were other plans. Apparently, David Russell (the director) was thinking about Carter last night. Seriously. There was, apparently, at some point, discussion of Carter amongst the people working on the movie. So much so, that they decided they wanted to use him in another scene, to provide comic relief. Seriously people, I am not making this up.

At 10:30 this morning, I got a call from Tim, a PA on the set. He asked if I was available to bring Carter over. I said that Jake could bring him, and he replied, "well, they want you." Huh? No, this would not be a re-do of the previous scene, but instead, this would be an entirely new scene from the film, and they thought they would like to have ME walking the dog down the street. They needed me immediately. What could I say?

I said yes. I grabbed some clothes and the dog, and Jake gave me a ride over. It was all hurry hurry hurry, and then...the waiting. Today's scene was a lot more involved (stunts and whatnot) and things got very delayed. Everyone seemed a lot more testy today, and there seemed to be some problems. I was taken to wardrobe two different times, and had to change into and out of the same costume three times. Insane. Finally, after several hours of sitting around, I was told that I was too young -- they basically wanted it to seem that the female dog walker was the wife of the previous dog walker (the priest who walked Carter yesterday) and I really wasn't going to cut it. But they still very much needed Carter

At that point, Jake took over, and he's over there now. I haven't heard from him yet, but I'm sure he'll fill us all in when the shooting is over. Apparently this is the last day to shoot at this particular location, so this should be our last film set report. We'll keep you posted about our next publicity tour.

No comments: