Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rumbledog!

Today at the reservoir, I got into a fight. Normally, I'm a lover, not a fighter, but, well....

Bridget and Jake aren't quite sure what's up, but it seems that sometimes I get irritated by other dogs messing around, doing their barking and wrestling. Sometimes I bark at the other bigger (and younger) dogs when they get themselves all riled up. I don't mind the little dogs so much, and I rarely bark at them, but I do seem to get worked up about dogs who are bigger than me.

Today, it was Joey that got me upset. Joey is a young-ish male boxer. He often wrestles and runs around with Sammy, a pretty big and rather young male yellow lab. Today the two of them were barking and doing their usual thing. I started barking at them, as I usually do. But in addition to barking, I sorta ran at them. Jake kept a firm hold on my leash, but I kept pushing, and eventually, Joey got very close to me and, well, we got all tangled up. Joey actually got on top of me. That was bad. We were both barking and growling. It was kinda scary. They said I was yelping, but that doesn't sound like me at all. I'm a tough dog, not a yelper. Once Jake finally got us apart, there was blood on my head, which got Bridget pretty upset. But it turns out, it wasn't my blood! Joey apparently bit his own tongue while trying to put his mouth on my head. I made him bleed his own blood!

Bridget and Jake made a B-line for home right after the incident. I guess they don't think it's cool that I'm so tough. They even washed the blood off my head, which I didn't really like because it was kinda like getting part of a bath. And the blood made me look tough.

2 comments:

E said...

Oh Carter...everyone knows how tough of a dog you are. I'm sure you were kicking tail and taking name tags. But if you can keep your junkyard dogs ways to a minimum, I'm sure your peoples would appreciate that. You don't have to prove anything. We all know who is the lead dog.

...but still, I'm glad to hear you gave more than you got...

Anonymous said...

Carter! What came over you? I'm glad you came out of it unscathed, but, heavens, please be careful -- haven't you seen Reservoir Dogs???