Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Great Cake Caper

I'm so disappointed that no one managed to take any pictures of my awesome triumph today. We all went to Auntie Paula's for something called a "Baby Shower." I got to see Aunt Paula and Bus and Marlin, which I always love. There was also a whole lot of tempting food around, which always spells trouble. I was in the livingroom, along with about 8 people who were sitting around talking and watching me. I noticed that there was some delicious-looking cake with buttercream frosting sitting there on a platter on the coffee table, or, as I like to call it, the perfect dog-heighth table. I saw my chance and I took it, selecting a piece very carefully from the corner of the platter and wolfing it down, much to the glee of the onlookers, who thought I had been very polite by not touching any other pieces of cake. After eating all the crumbs I could find on the floor (I kind of made a mess there), I was about to try for a second one when Bridget and Jake got wind of what was going on, and stopped any further snacking. That was lame, but, wow, that cake was good! Thanks, Paula, for inviting me to an awesome party with awesome food and lots of nice people who wanted to pet me and shower me with praise for my very good behavior!

2 comments:

E said...

Carter, you might be on to something. Maybe peoples should start having "dog showers", too?

Unknown said...

Rext Dart: with a name like that and an idea like that, I begin to suspect that you yourself are a dog. I cannot believe that no one has started having dog showers yet! They would be so much fun! We better trademark that idea right now and make ourselves millionaires!