Saturday, June 23, 2007

Of Baths and Cats

On Thursday night, the humans gave me a bath. I endured it only because I am a sweet sweet dog, and they gave me lots of treats. But I didn't like it. Here I am wrapped in a towel, post-bath.

See how I'm on the couch? So apparently, it's fine for me to be on the couch if the humans are on the couch and they invite me up. But for some reason I can't fathom, I'm not allowed to be on the couch BY MYSELF. I think this is tremendously unfair. Some mornings, after Jake leaves for work and Bridget is still upstairs, I like to get on the couch. Or when Bridget goes to the basement to do laundry, I like to get on the couch. She seems very exasperated with me when I do this. But why do I have to always only share the couch?

Another thing that annoys me: that Cat Who Refuses to Acknowledge Me. There's this cat, and he has a real attitude problem. Most of the cats around here, like the two orange ones on Beacon run away when they see me. But this cat, boy he has some nerve. he doesn't budge an inch, no matter how much I leap and bark and whine at him.

For those of you who are interested in may daily comings and goings (for instance, my internet stalkers out there), I've created this map of my world for you:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&t=h&om=1&msid=106394747322388434320.0000011357e9848c36973&ll=42.650486,-71.292747&spn=0.005618,0.009259&z=17

I think it's pretty cool.

1 comment:

E said...

Carter,

Your map of your daily comings and goings is awesome! The fact that you're a dog who has his own blog and can use internet tools, like Google Maps (not to overlook the obvious fact that you also know how to talk) is amazing. Clearly, you're a cut above the average dog. Heck, I have a bigger brain and opposable thumbs and I don't even know how to use Google Maps...ok, now I'm getting depressed...

As for this "Cat Who Refuses To Acknowledge Me", or CWRTAM (pronounced "kwertam") for short, his reaction, or lack thereof, is somewhat alarming. This cats seems to possess some sort of supernatural cat powers - why else would he be able to so easily ignore a barking dog like you? My advice: this is one spooky kitty and you should steer clear of him. But if you can't let it go, then I recommend that instead of barking to get his attention, you should bring a gift of catnip. Now, that just might do the trick! Good luck!