Sunday, February 27, 2011

You're Welcome, Christian Bale

So I was just reading (yes, I read) an article on Slate about my co-star, Christian Bale's Golden Globe acceptance speech, and this part really got my attention:

But rather than offer a typical co-star backslap, he elaborated on the yin-yang interrelation of actors on screen. "You can only give a loud performance like the one I gave when you have a quiet anchor," he said, referring to Wahlberg's stoic turn as Eklund's kid brother and former Welterweight champion Micky Ward. "I've played that one many times, and it never gets any notice. Kudos for that, because otherwise we wouldn't have gotten away with it."

I would like to propose that Wahlberg is not the "anchor" that Bale refers to here. Slate got it all wrong. It's me, people. It's me. I am the quiet anchor. You know it. Let's hope he thanks his "FUZZY quiet anchor" in tonight's Academy Awards.

If you need more evidence, take note of the way that the line about ME ("Is that a cocker spaniel?") is in every discussion of the film:

The Atlantic Monthly refers to it, and even random film blogs do, too!

Here's a photo-retrospective of me!



1 comment:

C said...

Dear Mr. Carter,

Do I need to apply to your press agent for an audience when I'm in town in a few weeks?

C.L.S. Laub