Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This is just to say

Today on our walk, Bridget noticed that my, uh, leavings looked a little strange. It is SO embarrassing that she pays attention to such things. What's even more embarrassing is that she asked Jake if I had eaten anything different while she was away yesterday. I can't believe they talk about stuff like that! Anyway, Jake thought a bit, and then remembered that when he walked into the pantry, the giant tub of cashews was without its lid. He had thought nothing of it, and just replaced the lid, but thanks to Bridget's nosey snooping, the two of them pieced together my crime. Here is my confession (with apologies to Mr. William Carlos Williams).

Dear Bridget and Jake,

I have eaten
the cashews
that were in
the pantry

and which
you were probably
saving
to have with your gin and tonic

Forgive me
they were so delicious
so salty
and so crunchy

woof.

1 comment:

E said...

I just hope your leavings weren't near any red wheelbarrows.